Glock 17 Gen 3 build question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Harrison

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we get an update on this?
@Chris Harrison
Yep, sorry, a lot going on with Christmas stuff and having some major water issues with the freeze. I had intended to get to the range and shoot it and supply a video as well as some pics after disassembly. But life got i the way. I'll work on the pics this week and hopefully, I can get a little video at the range done as well.

Chris Harrison

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I kinda been waitin' myself...
Yep, sorry, a lot going on with Christmas stuff and having some major water issues with the freeze. I had intended to get to the range and shoot it and supply a video as well as some pics after disassembly. But life got i the way. I'll work on the pics this week and hopefully, I can get a little video at the range done as well.

Chris Harrison

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sigh, so I finally got the range and instead of getting a decent video of what I told you the gun does, all I got was a video of it slide-locking on every shot. It has never done that before. I tried 4 different mags and it did the same thing with all of them. The only thing different was that I was shooting a little hotter ammo as I figured it would make the comp more efficient. I doubt the ammo has anything to do with the slide locking so I have a little more troubleshooting to do.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember it seems like I had to tweak the slide stop release spring a little to put more pressure on release lever to keep it down too. 80%'s aren't as easy as slo joe would have everyone believe. There's lots of fine tuning to get it reliable. Good luck and don't get too frustrated. 😉👍

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sigh, so I finally got the range and instead of getting a decent video of what I told you the gun does, all I got was a video of it slide-locking on every shot. It has never done that before. I tried 4 different mags and it did the same thing with all of them. The only thing different was that I was shooting a little hotter ammo as I figured it would make the comp more efficient. I doubt the ammo has anything to do with the slide locking so I have a little more troubleshooting to do.
The slide lock spring goes UNDER the locking block pin. You have it installed on top of the pin...

Remove the trigger pin, the locking block pin and the slide stop.
Insert the locking block pin.
Insert the slide stop. Slide it in from the rear making sure the spring stays UNDER the locking block pin.
Insert the trigger pin. You will have to manipulate/wiggle the slide stoop to get the trigger pin in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom