Glock 22 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
who the hell is this olyeller/mike guy yall keep talking about like he is some sort of gunsmith or would know what he is talking about? J/K buddy, I agree on gen 3, but I'm also a little biased b/c thats the one I have...

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
get the longslide version, its the only glock 40 that doesn't have problems.type police problems with the glock 40 into search engine, you will get about 645,000 hits,glock just took the 9mm glock and just bored the barrel out basically, the 40 is too much for the frame & slide weight, needs more slide weight to slow down slide, go to Stopping power.net ,glock forum police problems with G22 about 12 pages last i read it mostly cops talking about thier agences problems with G22 & G23, some agencies have totaly changes calibers, one went back to 9mm,others to .45, others have adopted different make of 40.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity why not go with a 9mm for a competition gun. I.E. ammo is cheaper, less recoil, more mag capacity etc.

Either way you cant go wrong with either generation i prefer the 3rd gens myself but i have also made the switch to Smith & Wesson M&P's but i did love my G19 that i had.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well from the very very brief look i took at competition stuff a while back i know like the .45's had to be above a certain feet per second but this is a question for one of the other guys to answer. i'm sure that 9mm is allowed as its such a popular caliber. may even have to check with the rule book of the sanctioning body.

Simply just threw that out there given 9mm to me would be a better competition caliber for reasons above but i by no means have any experience in the competition world at this point but am looking/ thinking pretty hard about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom