Glock 23 or Xd40??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GLOCK all the way.. cheaper/lighter and is the model EVERY manufacturer has seemed to follow behind..

I dunno about that, seems many platforms have actually surpassed glock in many ways.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno about that, seems many platforms have actually surpassed glock in many ways.

what I actually mean by that is, Glock was the foundation to this new 'plastic gun' world we live in today.. seems iirc every manufacturer and gun enthusiast used to bash glock, i being one of those... others have followed glock they may have surpassed them but they've also added weight in most cases, some maybe more appealing to the eyd but glock has proven itself to me and as of the last couple years are what i swear by, i'm not glocked out i also like sig adn a few others.. but for what they are, to me they're the best.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what I actually mean by that is, Glock was the foundation to this new 'plastic gun' world we live in today.. seems iirc every manufacturer and gun enthusiast used to bash glock, i being one of those... others have followed glock they may have surpassed them but they've also added weight in most cases, some maybe more appealing to the eyd but glock has proven itself to me and as of the last couple years are what i swear by, i'm not glocked out i also like sig adn a few others.. but for what they are, to me they're the best.

I gotcha, after years of shooting Glocks and 1911s, I'm realizing through owning other platforms that glock could take a few notes from other platforms as they have gotten complacent.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That guy is a moron. Dude. He claims to be military and I think he got exposed but I didn't follow all the drama about it.

He throws a lot of "dude's" around in that video, but why do you think he's a moron? I haven't watched his other stuff and quite frankly, I couldn't make it through more than about 3 minutes of the video posted. Just wondering what the story is on this guy.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotcha, after years of shooting Glocks and 1911s, I'm realizing through owning other platforms that glock could take a few notes from other platforms as they have gotten complacent.

Although I agree, do you think a company whose slogan is "Perfection" is going to take notes from anyone? LOL! I've heard Gaston Glock is the most arrogant a-hole on the planet.

rab986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber Ultra CDP... Oh, sorry.

Glock over XD but only because I like the way it feels. I couldn't give you a clear cut reason as to why other than that.

Buy them both and sell me the one you like less for half.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He throws a lot of "dude's" around in that video, but why do you think he's a moron? I haven't watched his other stuff and quite frankly, I couldn't make it through more than about 3 minutes of the video posted. Just wondering what the story is on this guy.

Just watch his other vids and you'll understand. :D He claims he has no bias but it's obvious, and he makes a ton of erroneous comments.

pokefun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have both and would trust my life to the 23. The XDm is fun to shoot, but I have had the Glock for years and never had a single problem with it. No problem with the XDm either I guess, but it has only seen about 500 rounds so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom