Glock 23 or Xd40??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
if it's going to be bone stock then i say the xd

i have an xd9 in stock form and a glock 19 that was just "ok" untill i got the hump on the grip taken off.
in stock form i like the grip of the xd better but now that i've had my grip modified on the glock, i like it better.

but you should try both of them out first and decide which one fits you better.

both of them go bang every time you pull the trigger.

Woodcutter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What to do? Get both!

I agree with the others. Shoot both and see which one feels right and points natrually for you. One thing to consider is the ease of repair and the availability of parts. You can pick up just about any part for the Glock from a number of sources and the GLOCK is one of the easiest and simplest firearms to work on yourself. For many replacement parts and repairs on the XD you have to send it to Springfield (unless they have changed their policy recently). It is not as easy to get parts (especially factory parts) for an XD.

I have heard of more problems with the XD, although they seem to be very reliable firearms. The XD is more complicated than the Glock, and it has more parts to potentially break or mess up. For example, I have heard of at least one instance where the loaded chamber indicator (located on top of the slide) became gummed up and started to stick. If this happens, it could potentially cause a round to not fully chamber. The loaded chamber indicator on the glock is the extractor, so there is not an extra moving part to mess up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom