Glock 23 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellow109r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What holster are you guys using for conceal carry also what online stores have the best prices on parts and accessories. Do I need a tool for disassembly. What mods do you guys recommend also what you guys think about the laser built into the recoil spring? Do the steel springs make a difference also a 3.5 trigger what is that exactly do for the gun. Sorry for so many questions
But any info would be great

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What holster are you guys using for conceal carry also what online stores have the best prices on parts and accessories. Do I need a tool for disassembly. What mods do you guys recommend also what you guys think about the laser built into the recoil spring? Do the steel springs make a difference also a 3.5 trigger what is that exactly do for the gun. Sorry for so many questions
But any info would be great
Triple Crown holster made by Troyf here on the forum. Glockmeister is where I get my parts. No tools unless you're attempting to take it down further than you should (barring house know what you're doing). Get night sights, grit tape or have the grip stippled, but mags and LOTs of ammo. GET PROFESSIONAL TRAINING. Guide rod lasers are shite, and lasers themselves have limited applications. Don't dick with the springs until it's time to have it serviced. The '3.5 pound connector' brings the trigger pull from 5.5 to 4.5 pounds.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a 3.5 trigger what is that exactly do for the gun.

A lighter trigger is not for the sake of the gun its for the operator. I believe a lighter trigger helps with accuracy and follow up shots. IIRC I was looking into it a while back and I think thats what i remember reading. Someone else more experienced should chime in.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lighter, or perceived lighter triggers make it easier to press ths trigger to the straight to the rear with out disturbing sight pictures. imho, ymmv, afaik, etc

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Triple Crown's are nice I have 3 of them. Also I'm liking Raven Concealment Phantom. The only mod you should get is a few thousand rounds of trigger time while taking ACP1 @ TDSA.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
crossbread holsters are the only cc holsters I use now! There are similar brands for less money, but that's what I use! I'd simply recommend what's called the .25$ trigger job for a glock. It is simply polishing the internals of the trigger and it makes it smoother and a little lighter. I would also add a heavier trigger spring to help reduce the pull. I don't like the trigger connector replacements out there, but that's just me. A friend did put a rocket in his G23 (I think that was the right one, anyways it's the one with the grooves in it) but it's a file fit. It was very nice with a quick reset! I generally replace the guide rod with a steel version, but again that's me. There really is no reason to do so, other then I like to mod and tinker with my stuff. You can get a plethera of add on parts and mods for glocks, but really they run just fine right out of the box! Oh and if you plan to shoot lead bullets (not jacketed or copper washed, but standard ole lead) then you will want to replace the barrel with an aftermarket to prevent a Kaboom in your hand! You can shoot lead out of the Glock barrel, but with the polygonal rifling it will start to build up and with that comes pressure build up! I personally just use jacketed type bullets instead and save the lead for my 1911. I've seen Kabooms with jacketed bullets, but mostly due to a double charge of powder. However I can say that the Glock did just as it was suppose to and there were no serious injuries to the shooter!

I would add a word of caution from personal experience. I bought a wolf spring kit and I replaced all of the springs in the gun thinking that it would make it slick. Well it did reduce trigger pull and such, but I began to experience problems. You have to be careful putting to light of spring on the safety plunger as it may effect the safe carry of your weapon and present a higher possibility for an AD! I also swapped the striker spring back to original as I experienced a light primer strike every now and then, which is not something you want in any firearm whether for casual shooting or self defense. Putting the original striker spring back in removed this once in awhile light strike and no discharge! In the end, the only spring I used was the actual trigger spring, which was 1lb heavier than the original.

If you really want to spend some money....well then look at the Haley Skimmer Trigger setup! It's only $160 and I'm still trying to convince somebody else to buy it and let me know how it works/feels. I'm just to cheap to spend the money on an unknown, but it sounds sweet! Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom