Glock 26 or M&P9c

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot them both and figure out how each shoots, recoils and feels in your hand.

The Glock 26 is strange for some people to fire, because of the two finger grip. The +2 magazine extender gives you 12 rounds in the magazine and a place to put your pinkie finger. But if you carry with the extended magazine, might as well go with the Glock 19 and get that extra barrel length as well (factor in how you're gonna carry and additional weight (longer barrel, longer slide, more ammo, etc).

The M&P has multiple backstrap options which can help you to get the right hand fit for you. M&P also has manual safety and magazine safety options; more complicated can be a good thing, as well as a bad thing.

Some people start carrying with a Glock 26, then transition to a smaller 9mm or .380. Sometimes the issue is the width the slide and incompatibility with their carry method and body shape. Figure out how you're going to carry it. Talk to folks who carry (or no longer carry) the Glock 26.

:)

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you decide on the G26, get the olive drab green one. Just the mere sight of a OD green Glock will send an attacker packing. If the Wolverines had been carrying green Glocks, the Commies would have turned around and gone to the house. :wink2:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a compact sized carry, either one is good. Glock is an ultra reliable gun. I don't like the sights, trigger, or how low Glocks sit in my hand. They're light and and accurate for CCW though. They also have a huge amount of accessories available. If I had to carry one, I'd have it customized....maybe even have a grip reduction done. From what I've seen on OSA, we have some Smith's that do really good work.

M&Pc is a good gun also. Doesn't quite have the following Glock does. I do like the interchangeable back straps. Like the sights and how it sits in my hand. Is heavier than a Glock, which I like (can use it as a club if you run out of ammo). M&Pc seems to have a bulkier width than a Glock (doesn't conceal as well). Trigger....sucks.

Between the two: If I had to choose a house gun I'd get the M&P. For a CCW though, I'd get a Glock.

Personally, I carry two ways: Big in the winter, small in the Summer. Big= Sigs and 1911. Small= Walther PPS (shoots and conceals better than a Glock).

Latest posts

Top Bottom