Glock 36 for CC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RYCOM405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for CCW. The G30 and G36 have caught my eye, and after going to Outdoor America this past weekend and actually handling both of them, I fell in love with the G36.

BUT, saying that, I also was also to hold Kahr 45, which was a little more expensive but smaller and seemed easier to conceal.

Does anyone on here carry a G36? Let me hear some of your opinions.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try to shoot one before you buy it, if you can. It's going to be different for everyone, but in my hands, the G36 was the worst pistol ever, in terms of recoil. I've fired .357 magnum and .45 ACP revolvers, and .40 compacts and subcompacts, plus an assortment of other handguns. Of them all, the G36 had the sharpest kick - each time I pulled the trigger on mine, I felt like someone had smacked my open palm with a length of 2x4. After just one magazine, my hand would be smarting and tingling. I got rid of that G36 pretty quick.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the Khar would be a pistol. I personally prefer the Kel-tec PF9. slim, light and reliable. Plus if i ever have to use it and the police confiscate it, i'm not but hurt because it only cost me $300ish.

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perplexed has a valid point. I had considered the 36 b/c I was looking for slim & reliable carry. Not to mention that a local LEO buddy and another close friend both carried a 36. I tried a 30 (had capacity envy) and it felt like a BIG Block. So I tried a 36 & it felt like smaller block but stung the hand after shooting full power self defense ammo. FMJ Winchester was tolerable but as soon as I loaded another mag of +P JHP and lit the 1st few rounds I put the "block" down. I ended up buying and carrying a Sig 220 compact SAO. Great gun & just as reliable as a "block" but was just too heavy for my taste. In closing, Either "block" would be safe to bet your life on, but you will have to decide btwn capacity and concealability. Or buy the Kahr that may or may not go bang.

RIP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that the 30 I handled was not the newest SF model and it had the extended magazine. Additionally, I am well aware that weight savings will cost you in terms of controllability and felt recoil but it's all about compromise. In the end go shoot your options before laying down your hard-earned cash.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perplexed has a valid point. I had considered the 36 b/c I was looking for slim & reliable carry. Not to mention that a local LEO buddy and another close friend both carried a 36. I tried a 30 (had capacity envy) and it felt like a BIG Block. So I tried a 36 & it felt like smaller block but stung the hand after shooting full power self defense ammo. FMJ Winchester was tolerable but as soon as I loaded another mag of +P JHP and lit the 1st few rounds I put the "block" down. I ended up buying and carrying a Sig 220 compact SAO. Great gun & just as reliable as a "block" but was just too heavy for my taste. In closing, Either "block" would be safe to bet your life on, but you will have to decide btwn capacity and concealability. Or buy the Kahr that may or may not go bang.

If you think the G36 recoil is too much for you, then yes, it's NOT the gun for you. But go ahead and try that Kahr .45 ACP; it'll go bang just fine but you will dang sure feel more recoil with the lil Kahr than the G36. Might try holding it with a stronger grip and be "in charge" of the gun's recoil...practice ...or carry a smaller claiber (and maybe ) heavier gun.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom