Glock 36?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADDO

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really wanted to like the G36 I had, but I just could not warm up to it. It worked fine, no problems at all, but I prefer a different grip and trigger. If you like Glocks, and not worried about large magazine capacity, it should fill the bill.

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my G36 for about 9 months and it has performed perfectly. I have small hands and it fits me well. My opinion of the recoil is that it is not bad at all. I find it very controllable. Kinda confounded about the posters who said it felt like someone slapping his palm with a 2x4. I can shoot 200 rounds and not experience any hand, wrist issues. I think the recoil is very close to the G22 and 27. I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum as some of the posters with regard to caliber for CCW. I prefer the .45 over 9mm.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a G36 years ago; I really liked it; but I started thinking (this is usually where I go wrong) I could get a G30 which holds 4 more rounds; loaded, it only weighs less than 7 oz more; and its only .14 inches wider; this info I got from the Glock.com web site. Hey my G21 magazines will fit the G30 and my Comp-tac G21 slide holster will fit my new G30. Hey its a win,win situation, So I sold my G36, it sold fast, real fast and I bought a used G30: you can really feel that .14 inches difference, but it feels like shooting my G21.

I really liked my G36 and I never had any issues with it; but like I said, I got to thinking. Advantage Arms sells a .22lr Conversion kit for the G30, I found a used one online; I love shooting that G30 with that .22LR kit; I heard alot of discussion about recoil -- I feel it can be over come by training, patients and practice. I would try to borrow a G36 and try shooting it to see how it feels for you; if its does not feel right; Keep looking till you find something that works for you. Good Luck!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom