Glock mag base plate removal????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So do you have to be an armourer to remove them or what. They are the most difficult I have ever dealt with. Can someone tell me if there is an easy way or are you actually supposed to use pliers or something to "squeeze" them. I have tried with my fingers and either I need to do some finger curls or I am just doing it wrong. Any Advice?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First. Find a HARD surface. Table, desk whatever.

Next. Take the EMPTY/UNLOADED magazine in your right hand and your tool/punch in the other. Switch hands if you are a southpaw.

Next. With the tool in your left hand, insert it into the little hole (shaddup BB! :slap:) about a 1/4 of an inch. While pushing your tool/punch into the little hole, position the round indicator side of the magazine downward towards the hard surface. While depressing the little hole with the tool, put one of the corners of the baseplate on the hard surface and firmly press down.

That should clear the basepad from the locking lugs on the side of the mag tube and you should be able to pull the basepad forward off the magazine.

Watch out for that spring! :yikes2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom