Gen 1 / NFML Glock Mags Cracked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was reorganizing some things and found some Glock magazines that I've had for many years. Probably between 25 and 30, I'd guess. I came across 2 rather early G19 mags that have developed severe cracking of the polymer on the back side of the magazine. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've used, or even handled, these magazines.

I've personally never seen Glock mags crack like this and was wondering if anyone else has. I looked around online and found this is a common problem with these older magazines. I have another (second photo) from the same era that looks to be fine...for now.

G19 Mag Cracked A.jpg
G19 Mag Cracked B.jpg

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the plastic injection molding trade back in the past we always said products was "damn cheap plastic"!

I remember the glocks comming to market and using the term "polymer".

Even though they truely might be made of a true polymer the term "polymer" was used instead of "plastic" because ploymer sounds technical and fancy, and everyone associates "plastics" with cheap! Lol

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the old NFML mags. The ones that wouldn't drop free until it only had 3 or 4 rounds left in it. Even then you sometimes had to give it a wrist flick or pull it to get em out. But I've never seen em crack like that.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the old NFML mags. The ones that wouldn't drop free until it only had 3 or 4 rounds left in it. Even then you sometimes had to give it a wrist flick or pull it to get em out. But I've never seen em crack like that.

I hadn't either...but it's apparently pretty common.

Latest posts

Top Bottom