Going through my old collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Baseball memorabilia is absolutely tanked.

I have a collection of autographed baseballs from my younger days collecting dust in a closet. All the big names and not worth much....sad, really.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes me sick when I remember using Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, and Yogi Berra cards on my bicycle spokes with a clothes pin so it would sound cool.
I dont know how true it is, but I was told that mickey mantle was related to my stepdad somehow. He had an autographed Bball card that he gave to my cousin. He traded it for a double barrel Springfield shotgun. It made my stepdad mad.

Last edited:

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have thousands of cards and autographed baseballs. I'm just keeping them sealed up until my boys are older then I'll give them to them. Maybe when my boys are my age they'll be worth something again.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have thousands of cards and autographed baseballs. I'm just keeping them sealed up until my boys are older then I'll give them to them. Maybe when my boys are my age they'll be worth something again.

This is what I am doing so my son can do whatever he wants with them, I have a bunch of cards from the 60's and 70's but more than half of my collection is from the 80's and a touch from the 90's. I have a broken bat signed by bo jackson and I have only been offered 200.00 for it recently so I figured I would just pass it all down, it would be nice if I could sell my 1968 nolan ryan card for what I see it going for online.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is what I am doing so my son can do whatever he wants with them, I have a bunch of cards from the 60's and 70's but more than half of my collection is from the 80's and a touch from the 90's. I have a broken bat signed by bo jackson and I have only been offered 200.00 for it recently so I figured I would just pass it all down, it would be nice if I could sell my 1968 nolan ryan card for what I see it going for online.

I'd be interested in your Nolan Ryan card. I have over 170 of his cards and autographed baseball.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To those with autographed memorabilia: I encourage you to get them all authenticated so it's easier for your family members to decide what to do with them, and it'll help give a better idea of what the item is worth.

An authenticated autographed Nolan Ryan baseball, for example, can sell for double what a non-authenticated one would sell for.

I know Vintage Stock at 68th & Memorial in Tulsa buys and sells cards. Several years back they offered my son $5k for a Nolan Ryan rookie card he has.

They offered your son $5,000 for a Nolan Ryan rookie card? Hot damn, he should've sold it. If they were offering that much then it must've been graded, and a high grade at that. You can buy Ryan Topps rookie cards all day long for $220 to $300, and graded versions scoring an 8 go for about $5,000, and 9s go for $12,000 to $16,000, on average.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To those with autographed memorabilia: I encourage you to get them all authenticated so it's easier for your family members to decide what to do with them, and it'll help give a better idea of what the item is worth.

An authenticated autographed Nolan Ryan baseball, for example, can sell for double what a non-authenticated one would sell for.

They offered your son $5,000 for a Nolan Ryan rookie card? Hot damn, he should've sold it. If they were offering that much then it must've been graded, and a high grade at that. You can buy Ryan Topps rookie cards all day long for $220 to $300, and graded versions scoring an 8 go for about $5,000, and 9s go for $12,000 to $16,000, on average.

I somehow lost my certificate of authenticity for my Nolan Ryan baseball. I think I still have my certificate for my Willie Mays baseball.

Latest posts

Top Bottom