Good bye Big XII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah Missouri really baffles me. I know they are upset and looking for what's best for them but the Big 10 would be a much better fit. I know the Sec likes their tv market with KC and St. Louis plus they are not far from the University of Arkansas but Missouri should really weight their options.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah Missouri really baffles me. I know they are upset and looking for what's best for them but the Big 10 would be a much better fit. I know the Sec likes their tv market with KC and St. Louis plus they are not far from the University of Arkansas but Missouri should really weight their options.

Didn't Missouri want in the Big10 to begin with last year?

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
believing gotlieb is like trusting a politician. Also espn article says the sec is ''pursuing'' those schools according to gotlieb's source yet none of the school's have confirmed this and fsu and mizzou have denied it. I think we should drop iowa state keep mizzou and have a new big 8.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should add TCU, Houston, Boise State and Notre Dame or four other teams so we can stay with 12 teams. As long as the BCS is around, it puts any conference without a Conference Championship at a huge disadvantage.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If ND has continued to turn down the B10, we have very little shot at them. Boise brings nothing to the table financially or geographically. Houston brings far more to the table than TCU. BYU would be good, but they would not work in scheduling the minor sports. Also, Baylor doesn't want to play BYU from what I've heard.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If ND has continued to turn down the B10, we have very little shot at them. Boise brings nothing to the table financially or geographically. Houston brings far more to the table than TCU. BYU would be good, but they would not work in scheduling the minor sports. Also, Baylor doesn't want to play BYU from what I've heard.

And Baylor contributes how? :-) I say grab BYU and if Baylor doesn't like it, too bad. They had to have their governor hold the conference hostage from the other tx teams while she begged for them to be included with the big 12 deal.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU, OSU, Texas, Texas Tech, and Kansas to the Pac 10. Then the 2 super conferences would battle it out in the BS Championship (I mean BCS. Or, wait, yeah, BS is right).

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And Baylor contributes how? :-) I say grab BYU and if Baylor doesn't like it, too bad. They had to have their governor hold the conference hostage from the other tx teams while she begged for them to be included with the big 12 deal.

Stop thinking that football is the only sport. Baylor is a very highly regarded academic school, also their track and field programs are top notch. Also their baseball and softball programs are well above average.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stop thinking that football is the only sport. Baylor is a very highly regarded academic school, also their track and field programs are top notch. Also their baseball and softball programs are well above average.

I'm not just thinking football. That's why I included Kansas in the earlier post. These conferences are not for academics. They are strictly to bring in revenue from their athletic programs. Now, I don't care how good baseball & softball programs are at Baylor (and I'm a baseball guy), making a revenue generating business decision based on a money losing program/sport would be a poor decision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom