Good bye Big XII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is sad is that this whole mess is about TV money. The fans who want to go to the games lose. That is a long drive for a Penn State fan from Pennsylvania to Nebraska to watch a game live.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How will Houston add money? They barely average 20k going to their games. No one in Texass watches them on tv either.

The Houston TV market is what's in play. They are not a great replacement for aTm as far as a program, but this is a money decision above all else. I agree that they are a crap program, but having a team in that market is important to TV contract negotiations.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is sad is that this whole mess is about TV money. The fans who want to go to the games lose. That is a long drive for a Penn State fan from Pennsylvania to Nebraska to watch a game live.

If you take the TV money from the conference teams, they will fold and there will no longer be a way to support the athletic programs. As it is, very few of these programs are self sustaining.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to see a 10 team conference so that everyone plays everyone. My idea of good additions to replace Missouri and A&M would be Arkansas and TCU.

As far as the Texas Aggies go, there's not enough room in this town for two sets of Aggies.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Houston TV market is what's in play. They are not a great replacement for aTm as far as a program, but this is a money decision above all else. I agree that they are a crap program, but having a team in that market is important to TV contract negotiations.

The tv market in Houston is Texass, A&M, and then to a lesser degree OU and LSU.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would like to see a 10 team conference so that everyone plays everyone. My idea of good additions to replace Missouri and A&M would be Arkansas and TCU.

As far as the Texas Aggies go, there's not enough room in this town for two sets of Aggies.

there is a zero chance of getting arkansas and about a 10% chance of getting TCU

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if we ( meaning the Big 12 Officials ) ask schools to join we sound desperate. But if we say we are looking for so many schools to join and you have til such and such date to apply. Then pick from the best of the apps. We would look better and I think we will fair better too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom