Good bye Big XII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
boise and tcu both just switched conferences so there is no way at grabbing them. ND forget about it, they are strictly independent, Houston would be a good grab and no way i see BYU coming over especially since they are independent now. If we were to add teams i say go after Air Force, Houston, and louisville.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is mostly about money and football brings in nearly 100% of it. The thing with Baylor is that they will not be kicked out of the conference and they have a lot of pull with the Texas legislature which has a lot of pull with what will/can happen in the conference. This is the same reason that OU will not be aloud to go anywhere without OSU. And BYU's refusal to play on Sundays will make it nearly impossible to schedule for the minor sports. There is still title XIIII to deal with and therefor the non revenue generating sports will come into play. That's just how it is.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
boise and tcu both just switched conferences so there is no way at grabbing them. ND forget about it, they are strictly independent, Houston would be a good grab and no way i see BYU coming over especially since they are independent now. If we were to add teams i say go after Air Force, Houston, and louisville.

Houston is the only school in that list that can add money to the conference.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow Doug Gottlieb just confirmed on Espn that Texas A&M, Missouri, Fsu, and Clemson are all headed to the SEC. I didn't see Missou coming in all of this. Looks to be a done deal. Now we are back to the Big 8 again.

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Tech
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State

ESPN says Mizzu has no interest? I think we need to back up the train on this one until everything is confirmed. Doug has been wrong a time or five before..... :D

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ESPN says Mizzu has no interest? I think we need to back up the train on this one until everything is confirmed. Doug has been wrong a time or five before..... :D

I agree this is far from over. Supposedly UT has already hired a lobbying firm and is trying to block aTm from leaving and aTm has moved their regents meeting up to early this week to beat the lobbying firm to the punch. Missouri is the school that lobbied last year to get a B10 invite and helped Nebraska to leave. Missouri wants out, but they aren't going to say it. Gottleib just likes to get stuff riled up, that is his job after all.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
louisville would bring in money especially if you upped their conference play to a major conference. They have decent football and baseball and excellent basketball and i bet would bring in more $$$ than iowa state. Air Force would just be cool imo and i think they could run with alot of the teams in the big 12. Money wise again better than iowa state.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are looking at replacements for aTm, Missouri, Nebraska, and Colorado. I would take UL over several current teams, but they are not the ones that are being replaced. If you add teams, the money pie has to be split more ways and the only way to do that and not reduce the current share is to bring in schools that had as big of a television footprint and brought as much money to the table as the ones that are now gone.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we are looking at replacements for atm, missouri, nebraska, and colorado. I would take ul over several current teams, but they are not the ones that are being replaced. If you add teams, the money pie has to be split more ways and the only way to do that and not reduce the current share is to bring in schools that had as big of a television footprint and brought as much money to the table as the ones that are now gone.

^^^^^this^^^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom