Good idea to keep your beer cold this upcoming holiday weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MMMM beer.....

ai559.photobucket.com_albums_ss39_iguessicantfly_designall.png

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bear with me but what I don't get is yes adding salt will allow you to get the water colder but frozen beer is still frozen beer. Or is the temp still not low enough to freeze the beer due to the alcohol's lowered freezing temp?

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the original poster didn't want to freeze the beer....just make it colder(than using just ice) or get it colder fast!! Too bad they only make chillers for wine style bottles....not big enough to drop a six-pack in!!

***Drink it BEFORE it freezes....of course that depends on how thirsty a person is!!

Slushy beer......yuck!! But.....slushy beer is better than no beer!!!!!

Cohiba

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bear with me but what I don't get is yes adding salt will allow you to get the water colder but frozen beer is still frozen beer. Or is the temp still not low enough to freeze the beer due to the alcohol's lowered freezing temp?

The idea is that it chills the beer faster I think.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not the same ... but it will do ... lol

I never thought I'd get into basketball either and here I am ... Watched every single game this year ... GO THUNDER!!

Oh, yeah ... with my salted, iced beer in hand, of course.

Are you an OU fan? If you are, or even if not, but are interested in going to an OU football game, let me know. You and GC can be my guests. I have 4 together and usually don't have enough bottoms to fill em. Pick out a game you want to go to and we'll make it happen.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you an OU fan? If you are, or even if not, but are interested in going to an OU football game, let me know. You and GC can be my guests. I have 4 together and usually don't have enough bottoms to fill em. Pick out a game you want to go to and we'll make it happen.

LOL I have bottom and will travel.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy tell me he adds rock salt to his ice chest to help keep his beer colder. As long as you wipe off the salt, it sounds like a great idea to me. Has anyone else tried this?

Legions of thirsty folks with room temperature beer. Not so much to keep it colder, but to get it cold faster as already stated.

haven't seen a metal container(ice chest) since the 70's..

I have one from the 50's. Cool to take for an evening, but it doesn't hold ice for sheet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom