Good Lord, what happened to Facebook Marketplace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been on FB marketplace once. I keep an account, but it's locked down so I can see pics that people post from that abomination on forums.
Posted a garden tractor that had a very bad exhaust valve but still ran for free. Come pick it up and stuck it down by the road 3/10 mile away from the house. It was gone in 17 minutes and we live in the sticks.
Months later was still getting requests if it's still available.
Wife is a fakebooker and says there is a way to turn off the ad when it's been sold, but I will never have to worry about it again as there will never be another post on that POS.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've placed two ads on fb market place and both times I received requests for Google pins. Now on the buying side I have found some pretty good deals. I can't talk about what I've bought on there because some things might appear here in the classifieds. :)
And I agree that The Lord is good. :)

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
It used to be pretty good for selling but it's so full of scammers now. Every hit I've had has been from someone far away but they all have brothers or uncles that can come by and pick it up at 10 AM or 5 PM.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I placed an ad once on FB and received dozens of "is it still for sale" Only one
seemingly legit ad and he never showed up. I deleted the ad and won't use
FB again.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I listed a HayVan hay trailer on marketplace a few weeks ago and had a lot of tire kickers and ridiculous offers, and even the guy that made the offer I accepted tried to screw me over when we met for him to pick up the trailer.

I want a deal as much as anyone, but I’m not going to insult someone with a low ball offer or offer up 3 goats and a hutch of rabbits for a $3500 trailer. :scratch:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're just getting a head start on bartering when the Pooh hits the fan and money is worthless. You'll be wanting them goats and rabbits to feed your starving families.

All them utube homestead channels been showing them how to survive and be successful at bartering.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I VERY SELDOM ever sell anything. Even with some things that are "kind of" expensive, I've been known to just give away. We had one of those Honda eu3000is generators that we gave to a couple in our church small group that had just bought a camper. That may have been too heavy for them to want to deal with, so the generator made it to another couple or two in our small group, and then the last one offered to give it back to us. It now resides at our son's house for his use. He is an online tech for Dell Computers and sometimes has to work from home, so he felt he needed the generator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom