Facebook Marketplace listing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, this is my first time posting anything for sale on FB marketplace. Recently listed my ATV which I posted here first. All of the responses from FB are simply 'send me your cell phone so I can verify' or something along those lines. I am just ignoring those but one little irritant is being persistent so I asked for their address. The reply is 'please send me your cell number' so I replied 'please send me your address'. Had a few minutes to burn before a conf call so figured why not mess with them back.

I assume they want the cell number to sell or start sending me all kinds of spam. Anyone have a better approach other than ignoring?

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, this is my first time posting anything for sale on FB marketplace. Recently listed my ATV which I posted here first. All of the responses from FB are simply 'send me your cell phone so I can verify' or something along those lines. I am just ignoring those but one little irritant is being persistent so I asked for their address. The reply is 'please send me your cell number' so I replied 'please send me your address'. Had a few minutes to burn before a conf call so figured why not mess with them back.

I assume they want the cell number to sell or start sending me all kinds of spam. Anyone have a better approach other than ignoring?
Do you have an ex you dislike really really bad?

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont do facebook, but occasionally I might find something there I am interested in.

Then I ask a friend to get me a phone number so I can make contact.

The last time some dude blew up about it!

I had someone else message him, and the dude would not send a address until we fb messaged him we was on the road.

Then he took a pic of his hand drawn map / address and sent that

When I started doing craigslist years ago, I did the "email me your phone number" thing.

And got a few takers here and there, finally I gave up and just posted up my phone number in my ads and it was so much easier.

Sure you get some ******* scammers, but you get them with email too!

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Scam. Never send a number to verify anything.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

How do you sell anything if the people intrested in it, can't find you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom