Good priced place to get AR500 targets? No stands needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AR Addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm lucky enough to have my own range, but that means I'm on my own for targets too! Right now I'm using whatever random scrap metal we have around that makes a decent target, but most of it can't take center fire rifle rounds, or at least not for long!

I'd like to start getting some AR500, but none of it is cheap, prices vary a lot, and from reading reviews some turns out to not be true AR500 and can't take rifle rounds without damage

I don't need stands, or chains, don't care if they ship out bare metal, etc, I can do all that myself. Anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited:

AR Addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
some metal yards have plasma cutter tables and can cut them for you, if you order the sheet of steel from them.

I've considered that, I actually have a plasma cutter myself, but a sheet of AR500 is very expensive and hard to get, I don't think Enid Iron could even get anything better than AR400. I have a feeling the target makers are buying scraps from industry to save money over a full sheet. Maybe I should do more thinking on the sheet idea though...

Last edited:

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been pretty happy with X Steel. I have there 3" 4" 6" and 8". Bought the 3/8" I think they rate to 338 Lapua. But I only shoot cast bullets at them. Way over kill for my shooting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom