Got into an argument with a business owner...<sigh>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thnx for the liquor store laws.

Ok, so reading this a package/liquor store can only sell, not dispense.

The law states a venue that "dispenses" alcohol that is not its primary purpose of the establishment, I.e., Outback, Chilis, etc., it is lawful to carry concealed or open.

A package/liquor store primary purpose is to sell alcohol and it's assorted mixed drink accessories isn't covered under the law to carry a weapon.....my interpretation as well as interpreted from a coworker who is an asst DA

You are correct that it isn't covered under the law, i.e. isn't specifically listed as a prohibited place and therefor legal to carry. The section of the SDA specifically prohibits carry in places where alcoholic beverages are consumed and, without switching to a new section, carves out an exemption for those places where liquor is consumed/dispensed... remember we haven't switched to a new section yet... but not the primary purpose of the business. I'd suggest having the asst DA re-read the statute.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My thoughts also....."Didn't mean to question you and it got me to thinking...etc etc"
But honestly I doubt it will change his mind...he probably already knows everything.
I had the same type of discussion with a tulsa metro LEO, he was positive that you can't carry if there was a gun buster sign in the window. My attempt at discussing it was met with "i know i'm right"
Oh well, I'm sure unless his superior or a memo came out, his opinion isn't going to change.
Glad I didn't stop in ur liquor store tonite when in B'ville!

DNO

Did you send his Boss a copy of the "Law"

As I believe you should TR...theres just no reason to leave someone out There ,,Ignorant... ;)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I have not. I just started going to another store. Decided it wasn't worth my effort to educate those who don't care to be educated... I have to do that all day at work already. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom