Got kids?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got kids?

• Got kids, love the little buggers!

Votes: 104 65.4%
  • Got kids, OOPS! What keeps causing this?!?!

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • No kids, Can't wait to crank a couple out!

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • No kids, I enjoy my freedom and paycheck!

Votes: 41 25.8%

• Total voters

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 3 almost 4 year old boy and a daughter due Feb. 14th. They really are the purpose in life. In reality nothing else I do matters like they do. You guys that don't think you want them are missing out, you'd be surprised how much less annoying your own kids are than are others. My only regret is that I didn't start sooner.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pray to God everynight that he will bless my wife and I with a child. I hope he will allow us to have a Beatiful, normally functioning, little baby to love and raise up.

It will happen. I have a buddy who tried for 10 years. The Doc told his wife that it would not happen. It did. They have a little girl now. Prayers do work.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't try to talk other people who don't want or like kids, into it. But I will say, you don't know what you're missing. I have a step daughter, and she is so precious to me. Still, some people just aren't cut out to be parents, and if you're one of those people, that doesn't make you any less of a person, it's just not your bag.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not plan to have kids but didn't want to deprive my ex of them. I'm glad that I have kids since give me a purpose in life, especially after getting divorced. Kids and kids activities are tough when you are married but try it as a single dad! Fortunately my ex and I work together very well to raise the kids.

Maybe someday I'll get married again and most likely there would be step-kids in the picture. Now that scares me. Sometimes the only thing that has saved my kids is that they are my own flesh and blood. :P

My ex got remarried and has a little boy with her new husband. He's a cute little kid and thinks I'm pretty cool. Ain't that weird?

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any and not completely sure I want them but prolly will if i can ever find someone. I do have a 2 year old niece and love her to death and she loves me more. She doesn't have a dad so I'm kinda the uncle John John. When she gets annoying or start a fit I saw time to go home to your momma and kinda laugh. But it's all fun has taught a lot about kinds. I was scared to death of them before her but I now kinda like the little buggers as long as there someone elses.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im just going to say, based off the second place option at the moment, if you are having a hard time funding kids, you need to find a better job. And as for freedom... please.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seven kids, 5 of my own, 2 of the adopted, 4 grandkids, 2 more grandkids on the way. I love kids until they are about 16 then you can have them.

Actually, I love my kids. They literally saved my life. I was well on my way to prison, for a number of reasons, mostly because I was out for myself. When I found something I loved more than me, and needed taken care of, everything changed. Left my friends?, if you could call them that, detoxed, and devoted the same passion into parenting that I did in other pursuits earlier. Those of you that have met me now, are laughing hilariously at this last statement. I am 180 degrees different than I was.

For those who do not want them, I am glad that you don't have them. Not being judgemental, they just need to be wanted where ever they are. I have some great friends that don't have any, and are perfectly happy. Seeing things all new again through a toddlers eyes, like a snowfall, catching a fish for the first time, a new puppy, etc, makes me appreciate creation around me all over again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didnt want them, but now I have them, and I love them!!

Its very hard to deal with my kids sometimes, However you just cant turn them off.

Those of you who do not like kids, and you accidently get your GF preggo, and do the right thing and be a man, and do your best to raise them. I promise you, will not be able say "I wish I didnt".

As far as changing diapers, I refuse to change any kids diapers but my own. I have changed a coule of thousand.
I changed a few myself but paid the neighbor girl to change them when the wife was at work.:rotflmao:

I ALWAYS said I would never have kids. However, I believe its a natural part of evolving for the adult. It allows you to remember your youth, not your crazy teen days, but little stuff like,remembering taking naps with Mom, or laying under the Christmas tree for hours, or having that warm cup of hot chocalte that Mom made just for you after almost freezing to death playing in the snow.
Every single day of my life now, my heart is refreshed with memories of childhood, while I sit there, and watch my childrens memories get created right infront of my eyes.
The first time my daughter said "da da".... or my son said "I love you Daddy"
You just cant describe how it makes you feel. It's part of keeing your soul alive and growing.
I thank God for my children everyday, and I dont even go to church. I hated kids. I belive in them now.
I know exactly how you peeps feel that do not have children. If you ever have any. You will see.
Me too.but listen to that Kenny Chesney (spelling) song "There goes my life."
Thats the way it is, if you are lucky / blessed.

Thanks for reading my ALMOST tearful rant.

I sure am thankful for my Family, and my extended Family, which is all of you here at OSA!!

((((HUGS))))
Patrick

For the record, manned up and married the girl that I got pregnant.
We made it for 16 years but she wanted to go it alone after that. I got the kids, Home, child support. I raised them, and now have grandkids.
Its been an amazing journey with them.
I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom