Wearing Crocs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The hokas didn’t work for me. The support bridge that is supposed to be between the toes and the ball of my foot was actually on the ball of my foot and made my toes go numb. I ended up with the Cloud brand. My wife is an RN and swears by the Hokas

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes on Brooks. But these Hoka Bondi 8s beat em. I have torn my Planter Faciaitis in both feet 4 different times, broken ankles multiple times, 6 bone spur surgeries. And being tall and big whipped the **** out of my feet. I have been in heaven with these Hoka Bondi 8s. Neuropathy sucks doesn’t it? Both legs and feet here.
both legs and both feet for me too. I have tripped while looking straight at the spot I'm stepping. mine are Skechers believe or not. my feet don't swell like they did before other than that I can't tell how good they are can't feel my feet so I don't know

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
both legs and both feet for me too. I have tripped while looking straight at the spot I'm stepping. mine are Skechers believe or not. my feet don't swell like they did before other than that I can't tell how good they are can't feel my feet so I don't know
This old thing sucks. My feet and legs are same. I could be arrested for public intox when I'm completely sober, the way I walk. I may be in a wheelchair one day. Already bought a walker just in case.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This old thing sucks. My feet and legs are same. I could be arrested for public intox when I'm completely sober, the way I walk. I may be in a wheelchair one day. Already bought a walker just in case.

I was tested 2 months ago. The EMG test was rough as hell, reminded me of the cattle prod fights my brothers had our whole life on the farm! The Neurologist Doc that administered the test asked me after the test if I walked into the building. I was taken back by that question. Test showed Right leg mid thigh and down, left leg was at knee and down and was at a level that I should not be walking, or at least walking with an assist.

I walk pretty good, but can stumble some when I work hard all day. He was also very shocked I had zero pain. Only thing is they stay cold, have to have socks on 24 hrs a day. I walked 4 miles, weedeated and mowed today, on my feet all day working on this house and by the end they were tired feeling. There is another baffling fact that shocked the Neurologist, I still have full strength in both legs even when they feel tired. They feel like I did 5 sets of heavy leg presses most of the time though they are still strong and such. He explained it’s the nerves telling my brain that they are fatigued.

Scariest part to me was they do not know how slow or how fast it will progress to the point of not being able to walk. Mine all started when I broke my back. My Neurosurgeon got the test results and when I went in for a follow up he too was baffled why I can still walk with relative ease and no pain. Said it did not make sense.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Work keeps me inside nowadays, so Im a croc man. Not 24/7/365. But pretty comfortably 10/7/365. A pair lasts 14-18 months before a hole is worn thru under the MTP joint. The comfort and convenience can’t be beat. They aren’t the bargain they used to be, but they could charge twice what they do now and I'll still keep buying them.

Attachments

• IMG_3498.jpeg
    IMG_3498.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mine are Skechers believe or not.
Towards the end of his life, my dad had neuropathy in his feet, and Medicare paid for a pair of Skechers for him as diabetic care.

I’ve been wearing Propet hikers for the last several years. Aside from their Ridgewalkers’ hooks having a tendency to break, I’ve largely been happy with them. It wasn’t until I was ordering my second or third pair that I discovered that they were “diabetic approved” by Medicare; I just thought they looked decent and were comfortable. After reading what qualified them as diabetic shoes, I remember wondering why all shoes weren’t made like that…

Latest posts

Top Bottom