Wearing Crocs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After years and years of being a fat guy and working at wal-mart and walking on hard concrete floors 12-14 hours a day I learned that one thing I NEVER try and cheap out on is my feet. With that said I learned 2 things that have been a game changer after going and seeing the guy at ideal feet in okc because I thought maybe my feet were f’ed up permenatly.

#1 I only wear redhead socks from bass pro or cabellas.

#2 go to Red Coyote and walk on their machine and get a recommendation on what shoes will work for your feet. My wife is a nurse and was the 1st one of us to go to get Hoka’s. Come to find out the Hoka’s didn’t fit her feet/arch shape right and she could feel it immediately, BUT their machine patterned her feet out and gave her a few options to choose from and she ended up with some adidas that were never on her radar that have lasted her about 3 years per pair. Warning: red coyote shoes aren’t cheap, but your feet are worth it

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually have to wear specialized orthopedic foot wear in the last few years.
Ended up with Morton's Neuroma which is a bunch of nerve endings that get killed and build up in the foot until it feels like your sock has slipped down in the shoe and is wadded up behind the toes.
Comes from 40+ years of climbing steel rung ladders with 1" or smaller rungs without steel shanked work boots.
Makes the bottom of the foot slightly round vs flat. If a cop asked me to walk a line stone sober, it wouldn't happen. It affects the persons stability. No pain or anything.
VA is treating it with steroid injections to start with. If that doesn't work, there is an alcohol injection that is the second level. If that doesn't work surgery will. I want to avoid surgery at all costs.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At 53 I had a series of 14 Alcohol injections 2 weeks apart in both feet to kill all the nerves. It helped immensely. And was told never go barefoot again, be careful in the house too as no feelings when stepping on something.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually...I wear crocs most of the time. My feet and legs like them. Since my job required I be on my feet ALL DAY...I found I could wear them with little to no foot/leg pain. Then......at our house the shoes come off at the front door. For running in an out multiple times during the day it is much easier to step in and step out of the shoes at the door.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up another pair this morning at TradeHome Shoes in Penn Square Mall. Hoka Bondi 8 in size 11 4E!

I love em! No more feet pain.

View attachment 477371
Try REI! Sometimes you can find them in Excellent condition in the resale/used area. I've gotten a bunch of them in excellent condition. It's like people buy them, try them on, then return them. With Hoka's, they give you 30 days to try them out. Some people will try them and return them and you can pick up great deals!

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOKAs all day every day for me now.
Teacher/Coach.....spend all day on my feet and moving around.
Last summer/fall I developed plantar fasciitis in both of my feet.
Painful.
Tried arch supports, memory foam inserts, stretches, massage balls, ice, night socks - some helped a little but nothing got rid of the pain - just made it more manageable.
Finally just sprung for a pair of the HOKA Bondi 8s - game changer. Within a couple of days it was clear these were the only shoes I would ever pay money for again.
Since then I've bought another pair of the Bondi 8s, a pair of the Rincon, a pair of Cliftons (my favorite), a pair of the ORA2 slides (I'll never wear Crocs) and a pair of the Ora shoes.
Haven't had to deal with foot pain since I started wearing them
6 pairs of HOKAs and all of them are more than worth it.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got a pair to help prevent shin splints . . . didn't help all that much and they take some time to get used to wearing. I don't wear them hardly at all now.

My wife however wears hers regularly.
Bondis are the only Hokas I can wear. The soles are firmer than their other lines. Tried a pair of Brooks Ghost Max and at first the were great but after a couple hourd in them, I was dorsiflexing VERY bad. My ankles were killing me for days.

My preferred shoe now is the Kizik Swasatch. Great cushion in the sole across my entire foot. Standing, my foot stays pretty neutral in them. Theyre hands free (step in) also which is nice

Latest posts

Top Bottom