got my first deer today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
checked him in this morning 98 pounds he is at the processors now. almost had my doe this morning. she came in on the wrong side of and i spooked her trying to get rearranged for the shot. will try again in a few hours.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
checked him in this morning 98 pounds he is at the processors now. almost had my doe this morning. she came in on the wrong side of and i spooked her trying to get rearranged for the shot. will try again in a few hours.

Processor? Sissy! go to the library and get a book on wild game processing. Hell, if I can find mine I will loan it to you. If you take it to the processor overall cost is like buying porterhouse steaks on the per lb. price. DIY, is like fillet de bologna! :shocked:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Processor? Sissy! go to the library and get a book on wild game processing. Hell, if I can find mine I will loan it to you. If you take it to the processor overall cost is like buying porterhouse steaks on the per lb. price. DIY, is like fillet de bologna! :shocked:

I don't think so Tim. Born and bred city slicker this was more firsts for me than I have had in a while. $65 for processing plus $10 for the summer sausage and breakfasts sausages I am having done out of it. for 45 to 50lbs of meat I think thats fair.
Beyond this being my first deer I was all by myself and had to overcome some hurdles.

1) Killing an animal myself.
2) Handling a dead animal
3) Field dressing it by myself, I skipped biology the day they disected earthworms.

Congrats and good luck on the doe.

Had a doe run north to south on a trail 150yds west of my stand this evening, just as I was pulling the trigger I got a scope full of setting sun... I missed.

How'd I miss this BP?? Congrats to you!! Hugs and kisses :blahblah::blahblah:

So ... where's the pics?? I need to see the grin!! :igetit:

I was all by myself no one to take a picture... guess I could have asked the coyotes last night.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
30-06 150 grain winchester supreme silvertip. gillman your on easpecially if i fill my doe tag. you bring the beer. damn yotes and dogs are raising hell out here just heard something get taken down by a pack.

Done, pick your poison. I think I have some Pale Ales in the fridge from Denver. I can't remember the name, just know I can't find them down here.

Don't want to hear excuses, I want to drink beer and eat chili!!!:smack:

Latest posts

Top Bottom