got my first wheel gun taurus 850

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't think an airweight will improve things, but the LCR has a lighter trigger than most every other DA revolver - or so I read. Worth a try.

jej

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
she is quite small and cannot cock automatics other than 22's

Dubs, Get her a racket ball, and have her start working her fingers with it, once she can compress the ball almost everytime, then give her a tennis ball. Once she can compress it 1/4 to 1/2 she'll have more than enough finger/forearm strength to operate the trigger. Also while she's doing this have her practice dry firing. This method works. Its not the fingers that are at issue but the muscles in the forearm that control the fingers. Its not a long process either, usually no more than a couple of weeks. Plus it will also help in her ability to control recoil.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dubs, Get her a racket ball, and have her start working her fingers with it, once she can compress the ball almost everytime, then give her a tennis ball. Once she can compress it 1/4 to 1/2 she'll have more than enough finger/forearm strength to operate the trigger. Also while she's doing this have her practice dry firing. This method works. Its not the fingers that are at issue but the muscles in the forearm that control the fingers. Its not a long process either, usually no more than a couple of weeks. Plus it will also help in her ability to control recoil.

Thanks, This is the best advice I have heard yet. I will give it a try,

Latest posts

Top Bottom