got my first wheel gun taurus 850

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well actually it is my wife's. But I have a bit of a problem. She can't pull the trigger. I have to admit though, it is the toughest i have felt. but haven't shot many double action only guns. is there a way to adjust the trigger tension down some? here is a pic of the gun, Other than this I love it!
[Broken External Image]

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never had a Taurus. My Smiths and Rugers have all improved their triggers with use. A zillion dry fires should do it.

Sounds dumb, but...can your wife pull the trigger a bit and just not close the deal? My wife had that problem DA - she was hitting her finger tip on the trigger guard. As soon as she placed the right part of her finger on the trigger, she could shoot.

jej

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried the trigger finger placement mentioned above, No go. She can however use her other finger to assist in the depress though, I don't see a saftey issue with her fingers being so small. any thoughts?

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my wife. She can barely rack the slide on her P229. I bought her a Ruger SP101 and she couldn't pull the trigger. Bought the Judge and she couldn't pull that either. Finally, she can pull the trigger on an LCR.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my wife. She can barely rack the slide on her P229. I bought her a Ruger SP101 and she couldn't pull the trigger. Bought the Judge and she couldn't pull that either. Finally, she can pull the trigger on an LCR.

lol, are you trying to tell me something?

Latest posts

Top Bottom