Got our first Ruger SR1911 in today, and...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what was wrong with it ? i bought new mIII had to pull trigger trice to get it to start shooting every time i changed the mag, sent it to ruger it was still mested up when i got back, it was the mag disconnect fixed it myself.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The pistol had a great feel to it. The finish looked great and the 1911 definately rates among one of the nicest Ruger pistols I messed with. There was some internal problem with this gun though. I couldn't get the hammer to decock. We messed with it for about half an hour and called our distributor back. Apparently this is the third one they've had with the same problem. The trigger is stuck, wouldn't budge a hair, and the hammer wouldn't decock.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pistol had a great feel to it. The finish looked great and the 1911 definately rates among one of the nicest Ruger pistols I messed with. There was some internal problem with this gun though. I couldn't get the hammer to decock. We messed with it for about half an hour and called our distributor back. Apparently this is the third one they've had with the same problem. The trigger is stuck, wouldn't budge a hair, and the hammer wouldn't decock.

You don't "de-cock" a 1911, silly! You cock it, lock it and then FIRE the damned thing! :slap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom