Gout and Pseudogout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to get gout flare ups about every other month. But I stopped eating shrimp, hot dogs and sausage, and it's helped a lot. I miss those foods, but I'll go the rest of my life without them if it will keep the gout away. Nothing more painful in my life! It would always get me in my left, big toe. YEOUCH!!! :scream:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had it several times...I took an Rx on & off but decided I wanted a more natural solution (both Rx options have some potential side-effects). For awhile, I took specific gout supps & juices and they seemed to help prevent it, but eventually I just ate better and took other general health supplements such as turmeric and haven't had an attack in 4-5yrs. I don't count purines or take Rx and drinking mostly water and doing what else I am doing has kept it away.

Not sure if the same stuff works for pseudogout as for regular gout but I would think at the very least, drinking water and maybe looking at a celery seed supplement may help get that excess calcium out of the body. Also, look at a a good magnesium supplement. Natural Calm is a good one to drink before bed to help you sleep and magnesium balances out calcium levels so it might help your situation.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Doc (Rheumatologist) never mentioned Alopurinol, she started me on the Colchicine right away and the stuff works! I should pay better attention to my diet, but...I don't.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it’s in your toes do you feel it in your joints? Does it at all feel like an ingrown toenail?
I get that at the end of the day sometimes but it’s not the nail

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Colchicine both helps prevent the attacks and when one does happen, it helps alleviate it. I normally take one pill in the morning and one at night, but I take two (on advice of my doctor) when an attack does occur, and thankfully, it's starting to kick in. The crappy thing about Colchicine is it can cause severe diarrhea. Oh well, I'd rather hit the pot a few times than be all crippled up. 3 of the things would sideline an elephant with the Hershey squirts I'd bet.
Brother, I would much rather have diarrhea than constipation. I thought I had a baseball stuck up inside me one night and ended up tearing myself.

Barn Dog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drink lots of water everyday, Pork, spinach, beer, chocolate, nuts Iced tea are all on the bad list for Gout. I was on Allopurinol for years and it sort of helped, Colcachine is a miracle for when I had flare ups. I finally got smart and started to watch what I ate and it has had the most impact on my symptoms.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take care of yourself OP. As others said, watching what you eat will probably help a lot.
A quick read through one of these medical threads on OSA reminds me to keep my trap shut about any little aches and pains I have (thank the Lord).

Latest posts

Top Bottom