Grab bars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put some in our previous home and in the current home, some guy came in and installed a couple. Only problems is that he did it in the shower and the fake marble sheet pulled away from the wall because he didn't go deep enough with the anchors. Yes, thing is to do it yourself if you want it done right. If you screw it up you have no one to blame but yourself.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've thought about it many times. I'm 68 this month, getting up and down is not as easy as it used to be.

Do it while you can still get around okay. Much harder when you have issues, and you get to look around and decide what you like instead of needing to rush and get something up. Locate your studs and decide how long you need, then search Amazon for that length grab bar. Once you find what you like you can see if anyone local has them if you wish.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put one in one of our bathrooms just a month ago, getting ready for knee replacement. I just installed the commercial one I had left over from my construction years.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need one by each toilet also. Getting up and down on these wore out knees is rough some days. Also need one in my shower. Just in case I were to slip, there is nothing to catch me but 3 tiled walls and a glass wall. I am hessitant to DIY because I'd have to drill 6 holes in the tile and I'm a little spooked thinking about that.
Are their special drill bits for Tile or can I just use a masonry bit?

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need one by each toilet also. Getting up and down on these wore out knees is rough some days. Also need one in my shower. Just in case I were to slip, there is nothing to catch me but 3 tiled walls and a glass wall. I am hessitant to DIY because I'd have to drill 6 holes in the tile and I'm a little spooked thinking about that.

carbide bits. They come in the anchor packages at Lowe’s

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got one of these for my mom and it worked great.

71N3lUiEDDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom