Grab bars.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need one by each toilet also. Getting up and down on these wore out knees is rough some days. Also need one in my shower. Just in case I were to slip, there is nothing to catch me but 3 tiled walls and a glass wall. I am hessitant to DIY because I'd have to drill 6 holes in the tile and I'm a little spooked thinking about that.
Are their special drill bits for Tile or can I just use a masonry bit?
carbide bits. They come in the anchor packages at Lowe’s
I'd also recommend light pressure to avoid biting into and breaking the tile. More so if it's near the edge of one.

If you have a dremel, it might be handy for getting through the shiny glaze.

Luck. :drunk2:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd also recommend light pressure to avoid biting into and breaking the tile. More so if it's near the edge of one.

If you have a dremel, it might be handy for getting through the shiny glaze.

Luck. :drunk2:
I dont know if this tile is porcelain or ceramic but it has not shiny glaze so I assume its not ceramic??
It a 2018 model house and I "think" the industry standard is porcelain?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This ?
bar.jpg

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed one of those in my neighbors new shower that I did for her last month. Super easy and she loves it.
If it is "Grab Bar" installation, install it on an angle in the shower. You can attach the top to a stud and swing the other end down to find the other stud. Looks great that way as well.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know if this tile is porcelain or ceramic but it has not shiny glaze so I assume its not ceramic??
It a 2018 model house and I "think" the industry standard is porcelain?
Technically, both are ceramics. Porcelain is made with a more refined clay (thank you, Google) and is more durable (and I assume more expensive) than ceramic tile.

Both are available in glossy or matte finish, so that's not really an indicator of which one you have.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom