Graduating to a Drop Away Style Rest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and bought a QAD Ultra Rest HDX yesterday online. I'm tired of just ok accuracy from a whisker biscuit at distance and it magnifying any problems with my shooting form on release. Hopefully the DVD/instructions aren't all that hard to follow. I do look forward to feeling more confident at longer ranges.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just liked the idea of full containment and WB was the only option for that for quite some time. The QAD style pretty well contains the arrow these days.

I guess my next step is to move from 4" vanes to the shorter, blazer style.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Excellent choice! That drop-away is bullet-proof. I don't have one though, I have the Ripcord and it's been solid for me as well. My new bow will have the QAD though.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a video a couple years ago when I installed an HDX on my Helim if you go to my youtube and scroll down you will find it. It might help if you find yourself scratchin your head at some point during the install. Ill admit I coulda made the video a lot better and it may be a little hard to hear what Im saying at times, lol. I was still fairly new to making videos back then.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Apache Drop Away right now but I'd like to get a QAD for mine. I like that the "rest" itself can lock in the up position. On the Apache, it raises up as I draw back. Sometimes the arrow bounces around in there and I hate that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom