Grandpa’s shotgun passed down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa passed on when I was about 10 years old and I always thought through the years he had to have some old guns or something cool somewhere. And over 20 years later this weekend during thanksgiving, my uncle handed me a very old shotgun and said it’s mine to keep now. Said I’m the 5th generation to have it, also told me my grandpa L.C. Didn’t take care of anything that’s why it’s in such poor condition. Missing a hammer, lock up is sloppy. And is probably too far gone to fix into working order??

Here are a few pics. If anyone knows what the few marking on it mean, that info would be appreciated.

IMG_4303.jpeg

IMG_4302.jpeg

IMG_4298.jpeg

IMG_4300.jpeg

IMG_4295.jpeg

IMG_4296.jpeg

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would make a cool wall hanger, A keepsake, if that’s how you feel about it. I sold off a few old, cheap shooters, back when I was in my early twenties. Didn’t appreciate old models, single shot or double barrels, was going thru a stage of only liking new model 1911 .45 ACPs’, semi auto carbines, rifles and shotguns. I have regretted letting them slip away. The ones I inherited from a grandfather.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing better than something that has been passed down through generations. My father collected guns. He had alot of the commemorative rifles. John Wayne was just one I remember, he passed in 93. BUT his wife at the time decided to sell them or pass them down to HER side of the family instead.

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would make a cool wall hanger, A keepsake, if that’s how you feel about it. I sold off a few old, cheap shooters, back when I was in my early twenties. Didn’t appreciate old models, single shot or double barrels, was going thru a stage of only liking new model 1911 .45 ACPs’, semi auto carbines, rifles and shotguns. I have regretted letting them slip away. The ones I inherited from a grandfather.

Yeah, it’ll definitely hang around. It’ll goto one of my boys down the road. As of now it’s living in the safe. But I’m also thinking of hanging it on the wall. My 4 year old says I need to use it to hunt deer. Lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely a Damascus twist from the era it came from. If it were to be returned to the ability to shoot, only use Black Powder shells. That type of pressure is what it's designed for.
I inherited one very similar to that with the external hammers from my Grandfather.
Killed a few pheasant and dove with it before retiring it to the safe.
It was later stolen in a home burglary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom