Grandpa's IBM...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of all the M1 carbine parts were subcontacted out ,one company made barrels,another rev,another stocks, and once a gun went to depot for insp and rework after the war any matching parts were switched out as everything was dumped in piles after being insp . That why you will rarely find a miltary gun with matching numbers. I have a winchester m1 carbine that most of the parts come from differant makers.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of all the M1 carbine parts were subcontacted out ,one company made barrels,another rev,another stocks, and once a gun went to depot for insp and rework after the war any matching parts were switched out as everything was dumped in piles after being insp . That why you will rarely find a miltary gun with matching numbers. I have a winchester m1 carbine that most of the parts come from differant makers.

Very true.That is why a correct one is worth $.I bought a winchester trigger group with Inland parts in it to swap the incorrect internals in mine.I have some extra parts, but I still need sights and a non potbelly stock.I lost interest several years ago and never finished it.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well glad ya enjoyed both of them.
Being an old.303 and 03a3 shooter I was kinda amazed of your initial concern in shooting them.................You took the proper precautions in clearing for barrell obstructions, so that was aok.

Those old things were cast iron monsters.................lock and load and fire away.

I have shot pre WWII 303 with nary a problem.............:woot:

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure, I can clean it up and do a full inspection on it for you or a little further up the road is Traxxis, thats what he does is just clean guns.

I will send you a PM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom