Greedy , maybe.. 505 scales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As we all know by now the 505 is a good scale and I think it is discontinued.
Many are still for sale out there and I paid like 70 bucks for my first one years ago.

Palmetto has them for 49.99.
The greedy part is that I got 2 from them recently.
Can't get hurt at that price and if one should bite the dust I will have a couple spares.
Or I can hand them down to the kids if they get into reloading.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nothing at all, guilt has set in as @swampratt feels he may have deprived another poor soul of a great scale. Swampratt - Let it go man, let it go!! They have/had the exact same opportunity to get as good deal as you did, not you're fault they were on their @$$! I hope your conscious is clear now my friend.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As we all know by now the 505 is a good scale and I think it is discontinued.
Many are still for sale out there and I paid like 70 bucks for my first one years ago.

Palmetto has them for 49.99.
The greedy part is that I got 2 from them recently.
Can't get hurt at that price and if one should bite the dust I will have a couple spares.
Or I can hand them down to the kids if they get into reloading.

If you really feel that badly about it, I'll help you out. Just give me one of them, and then I'll have a back up!

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 505 isn't shown on the RCBS website any more, so it sure sounds plausible that they've discontinued it.

I used an RCBS 502 for 20+ years, but since that one is a 2 poise design the markings are really close together and it's easy to accidentally set the counterweight 5 grains off. The 505 is a three poise system and the counterweight positions are much more widely spread. My 40-something year old eyes just can't make out the divisions on the 502 any more, so I picked up a 505 simply as a self-preservation measure. I figure I'm much less likely to end up with an over/under charge that way.

$50 is a smokin' deal, hopefully PSA doesn't try to make it up on the shipping charge.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new thing they replaced it with sucks

This? (see attachment)

Looks OK, but I'm not replacing my perfectly good 505 with it. Every once in awhile I get the urge for a digital, but just can't bring myself to buy one. My 505 has never let me down so why bother?

Attachments

• RCBS M500 Scale.JPG
    RCBS M500 Scale.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 133

Latest posts

Top Bottom