Grendel questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a buddy on another forum send me pics of all kinds of ammo on clearance at the walmart closest to hlm. $2 a box for 12 ga ammo. He sent me a pic of a cart full of the ammo.
6.5 was in his cart as well
It's part of a group text I'm on and some of the others went out to their walmarts and they didn't have a sale on it, so don't get out of your pajamas and rush to the nearest walmart. It's not store wide.

I've done that once today over a feeder a fella posted being on sale for $39......Nope not at our local store.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a buddy on another forum send me pics of all kinds of ammo on clearance at the walmart closest to hlm. $2 a box for 12 ga ammo. He sent me a pic of a cart full of the ammo.
6.5 was in his cart as well
It's part of a group text I'm on and some of the others went out to their walmarts and they didn't have a sale on it, so don't get out of your pajamas and rush to the nearest walmart. It's not store wide.
Walmart hides a ton of stuff for their friends Check on line for it being in stock at that store, at that price, then show the dept manager. They will soon appear.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've done that once today over a feeder a fella posted being on sale for $39......Nope not at our local store.
I had a long conversation with a Walmart store manager that told me it was his last day on the job, and he wasn't happy about leaving. The superstores charge about 3% more per item than the local small stores. I've seen that. Fishing lures are cheaper at the small Blackwell store than Ponca's superstore, and so on. He also said that walmarts don't price match between walmarts. They price items according to the location. A store in a low rent side of town will be cheaper than the high rent side of town.
We found that to be true looking for patio furniture in the Tulsa area. One place had the table and another the chairs. When we compared ads on the internet, the price was different, so we asked to price match. Nope, not gonna happen.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Got my barrel in today. Been busy with Christmas stuff and just now ordered the group buy bolt on the Grendel forum

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it all put together but waiting on the group buy bolt from the Grendel forum. The BCG is torn down and ready for the new bolt. Is there a local source for mags? I’ve been busy with Christmas and haven’t been timely on ordering things for the build.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5D8E0BEB-110B-49E5-9041-3C90DB0E761E.jpeg
Hoov at Village Tactical hooked me up with a little ammo and a mag. Quick track on the bolt shows it to be here this afternoon. I get to go shooting tomorrow with the new gun,woot!
This is where I’m at. I’ll order some ten round mags as this will be primarily a range and hunting gun. The red dot will get swapped out for a scope as soon as I decide what I want.

Last edited: