Grendel questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're ever road-tripping in NE Oklahoma, there is a small pawn shop in Jay (south end of town, behind gas station) that seems to keep 6.5 Grendel stuff in stock. I dropped in there one day, and they surprised me by having mags, barrels, ammo, muzzle devices, and other goodies for the 6.5.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The E-landers has a 17 round mag but I can't find them at any box stores. Did you get yours online? I've got one small capacity and it runs flawlessly but want the larger capacity and I like those mags.

I bought 3 25 rounders and 1 10 rounder from LaRue. One 25 and the 10 are still in wrapping :P

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're ever road-tripping in NE Oklahoma, there is a small pawn shop in Jay (south end of town, behind gas station) that seems to keep 6.5 Grendel stuff in stock. I dropped in there one day, and they surprised me by having mags, barrels, ammo, muzzle devices, and other goodies for the 6.5.

I went in there one day looking for some tools and realized that it was really a gun store. They have some really nice firearms in there.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I was closer.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elander are generally considered to be the best Grendel mags. Thats what I use. Stoners didnt work so well for me.

I agree on only using a thread protector or a silencer. Ive seen groups shrink by 1/2 by just pulling off the muzzle device.

I run mine suppressed. I havent really been able to sit down and shoot mine off a bench for accuracy with my can on it but the groups seem to be at least as good as before the can.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a buddy on another forum send me pics of all kinds of ammo on clearance at the walmart closest to hlm. $2 a box for 12 ga ammo. He sent me a pic of a cart full of the ammo.
6.5 was in his cart as well
It's part of a group text I'm on and some of the others went out to their walmarts and they didn't have a sale on it, so don't get out of your pajamas and rush to the nearest walmart. It's not store wide.