GSG-5 Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score
I have a GSG-5 rifle. It has performed very well for me, yet I see all over the net very mixed reviews, from junk to great. Just wondering what kind of experiences the rest of you have had.

I do use high velocity .22LR. Mounted a rail on which I put the aimpoint off of my AR. Just can't miss. Lots of fun. I'm aware to many it's just a fake MP5. Well, that's OK. I couldn't possibly afford a real one anyway ;-)

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one back when it first came out. Fun play toy. It was very good. I just got old with it and wanted a new toy. After I sold it I have read that the guns was not holding up that good. The one I had did not hang up once why I had it.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you like it, why worry about what anybody else thinks?
They're awesome little plinkers & the negativity is more than likely coming from people who've never even shot one.

So they're not a real MP5....Well, according to some, a kimber isn't a real 1911, neither is a wilson or a nighthawk.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got one and I love it. I don't really give a **** what anyone else thinks about them. I liked mine so much I SBR'd it and now it even looks kinda like an MP5.
ai386.photobucket.com_albums_oo308_jeffsoward_IMAG0005.jpg

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a GSG-5 rifle. It has performed very well for me, yet I see all over the net very mixed reviews, from junk to great. Just wondering what kind of experiences the rest of you have had.

I do use high velocity .22LR. Mounted a rail on which I put the aimpoint off of my AR. Just can't miss. Lots of fun. I'm aware to many it's just a fake MP5. Well, that's OK. I couldn't possibly afford a real one anyway ;-)

The number of "fake" MP5s/HK94s far outweigh the number of actual complete HK MP5s/HK94s regardless of caliber. Its a cool looking gun and you got it in a caliber thats affordable to shoot. What else is there to ask for?

FWIW, I dont think I have come across anyone carrying the attitude that "Oh its a fake MP5/HK94, so its trash" over on HKPro.

ETA: Badass, Jeff,... Bad,... Ass.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy the heck out of mine. I've had no problems at all. It is a seriously accurate plinker with a red dot. Turtle heads, beware!

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I'm not concerned in the least about other's opinions regarding the fake aspect. I am interested in performance and reliabilty issues. Sounds like the rest of you have really enjoyed your rifle, and it has been a reliable performer. I've had a great deal of fun with mine with no failures.

Jeff, very nice rifle! I'm interested in what you had to do to shorten the barrell length.

And Ronny, turtles! great idea!

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff, very nice rifle! I'm interested in what you had to do to shorten the barrell length.

I sent in a form 1, engraved my trust info on the receiver body, bought a Gemtech adapter and cut the barrel down to 8.35". The Gemtech adapter is threaded for a screw on can or a Gemtech three-lug can. It "fits" over the barrel tip, which is where the 8.35" comes in.

It's a blast. I get my SWR Spectre tomorrow and it'll be even more fun. :woohoo1:

You have a Miss Pacman machine! COOL!

Oh, nice gun also.
It's a 40 in 1 multiarcade. all the pac-man games, all the donkey kongs, galagas, etc. awesome! But the GSG is better. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom