Gun appraisals...where to go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try Collectors Firearms in Houston. They have just about anything you can think of....FOR A PRICE. They're a little high but you can get an idea on their website. If the gun is not on their website call them and talk about the value of your gun....maybe act like you'll sell to them or if not them how much you/they would charge a person. Just my 2cents. Good luck on your shotguns.

https://www.collectorsfirearms.com/shotguns/

Just out of curiosity...are they:

Winchester 1887 lever action
Winchester 1893 pump/hammer
Winchester 1897 pump/hammer
Winchester 1901 lever action

I use to collect these old cowboy style guns

I stayed away from the "military" WWI 1897...waaaay to easy to fake.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
look at this
fetch

It was a browning sweet 16 from 1957 that I had..Got it in trade and had less than 100 in it ..Took it to big boys and traded it for a new in the box savage 10FP 24" heavy barrel .308.
That old shotgun was so nice I carried a soft cloth with me when i showed it to people.. way to nice for me to use as I hunt in rough stuff and rough weather.
It was a safe queen of a friends grandfather.
It was never refinished.. that is from 1957.
I was told it was worth 800 but i could not sell it for that, I tried. Maybe wrong state for getting good money for a shotgun.

I do have a 1924 A5 Browning 12 that does get hunted with.. it is rough and shoots every time. I paid 160 for it.

Finding buyers that is the problem. At least for me

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its worth looking into Wannenmacher if you have a decent group of guns to sell.

I didnt have much luck selling on here (sold a few), or on Armslist (again, sold a few)...but at Wannenmacher...people came to buy. I know people love or hate the show, but we exceeded our expectations and wish we had brought more. Cash and carry on shotguns ranging from $150 to $8,500.

Tables are more than a local show, but so is the cash walking through the door. We got two tables and the cost ended up being like 1% of the sales done from them...so a drop in the bucket.

Latest posts

Top Bottom