Gun glitches in movies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sir are correct, give the man a cigar, ridiculous:

Actually, me and my wife got bored and pulled that off. Same thing happens in the latest Mission Impossible. It it is a Taurus 92 (or beretta) you push the slide back slightly and hit the slide release lever. Pull forward and take half the gun with you! Takes some practice but interesting to play around with. And the gun was unloaded, triple checked to be clear, safety first etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open Range, Kevin Costner 15 shooter.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO many hollyweird gun ****ups in the movies, I have just tended to overlook and TRY to enjoy the storyline. Blue Steel was hard to watch, noticed the dented primers, but the storyline itself was a hard to fathom.

Just waiting for 'Hell on Wheels' to come back on.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, me and my wife got bored and pulled that off. Same thing happens in the latest Mission Impossible. It it is a Taurus 92 (or beretta) you push the slide back slightly and hit the slide release lever. Pull forward and take half the gun with you! Takes some practice but interesting to play around with. And the gun was unloaded, triple checked to be clear, safety first etc.

It can be done. Given the right amount of practice, one could do it reasonably quick.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can be done. Given the right amount of practice, one could do it reasonably quick.

Can you do it while loaded? None of mine will come apart even with just an empty mag in them. Could use a couple of snap caps to simulate a loaded gun.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of "Open Range", how 'bout that shotgun Boss Spearman shoots the guy through the wall with? It had a bit more knockdown power than the average shotgun.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of "Open Range", how 'bout that shotgun Boss Spearman shoots the guy through the wall with? It had a bit more knockdown power than the average shotgun.

Lol, I have a friend, intelligent guy, ask me once,
" how far do you think a point blank twelve gauge shot to the chest would blow someone across the room?"

I said, should be about the same distance it knocks trigger puller back, you know equal and opposite reaction and all.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Revolution" last night had so many 'glitches', the Mrs. said, just watch the crappin show, most idiots don't know it's wrong."

1911, slide locked back empty, pull trigger and 2 CLICKS. :buttkick:

JEEZ, just get it right.

Holding a person at gun point under interrogation and THEN slowly pulling back hammer on Beretta 92 only to hear a click on empty chamber when trigger is pulled?

Latest posts

Top Bottom