Gun goes off by itself? Doubtful.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's my home county - I will call this afternoon for more info. Rob Seale is the newly elected sheriff. Tucker is in the Arkansas River bottoms; area is often referred to as the "Tucker Bottoms". I'll see what I can find out.

Cedar Creek

tiffany_willis

New to the site!
Reaction score
I very much appreciate the kind comments and those of you who are giving this family the benefit of the doubt. I registered and am responding for the purpose of dispelling rumors. The father is a very close friend of mine. He lives in Arkansas, this accident occurred in Oklahoma. The younger daughter was in the room and the father believes that it's probable that she shot her sister by accident. The bullet entered the back of the head and exited the front. There was no clip in the gun and they believed it to be unloaded. The child is too distraught to speak of it, and details will emerge. There's no mystery, no cover-up by the family. My friend said that he sees no reason why all details can't be disclosed. It's likely that the media is being decent for a change to protect the child. Please spread the truth about this liberally. I'll update as more details emerge. I'll also be setting up a fund to help with expenses. Thank you.
Tiffany Willis

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have some remote connection with this family, and I would ask for some sympathy and understanding from the members here. It was a horrible accident. Perhaps some negligent handling, who knows? No one but the surviving 12-year old who was in the room, ultimately, and her pain and shame at even being present will haunt her the rest of her life. She did not come into my ER last night, thankfully being sent directly to Tulsa from the scene, but hopefully something good can come from her death. Saylor was a beautiful young woman, a life cut short by a tragic accident and no amount of finger-pointing or ridicule will change that or help her family in any way.

Take from this simply another lesson that guns should always be treated with the utmost respect, and that children should be taught (and re-taught and re-taught and re-taught) proper safety and handling techniques.

I know almost all of the LCSO deputies, as well as the Sheriff, personally, and I am sure they are handling this in the best way possible right now. There is NO point in heaping even more blame and suspicion upon a 12-year old girl in the situation of her sister's death. The bottom line is that it was all a horrible accident. I am not certain whether any of her organs were able to help save other lives last night, but I know that was a large part of the reason for the decision of our medics on the scene to send her to Tulsa... always look for the good that can come of a tragedy.

My prayers and thoughts go out to all of Saylor's family and friends, those I know and those I don't. And to her younger sister, double that.

Please take it easy, guys...

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes this is very tragic, Seriously can't imagine. Thanks for providing additional details. Prayers to all. You are right the sister will deal with this for the rest of her life along with the parents.

Meaning here was not to point fingers or blame, but simply doubting the media's story. Some will read the media's initial story and never read what comes out later as what really happened, and that's how the misconception that guns "just go off" keeps circulating.

Prayers also to all those that knew the family.

Be safe everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom