gun inventory software

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too would recommend Excel. For the past 5 years I have used Excel as my checking register. This year I added an "Inventory" tab for all serial numbered property I own, be it electronics or firearms. This has really simplified things for me and also allowed me to use some of the forumla functions of Excel to track my inventory's value. After saving any changes, I frequently back it up to my MobileMe iDisk which (1) backs up the information and (2) provides access if needed through my iPhone or iPad. Every once in a while I also back it up to my iPod Shuffle for some extra redundancy.

Check out something like Dropbox for backing up offsite.

With my luck someone's already suggested it in this thread :/

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always just used a spreadsheet. Thanks to whoever mentioned adding pictures. Never thought about that for some reason. Too simple, I guess....

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Have you checked the BATF website? I'm sure they have something...but not sure if it is available to "we the people".

Would you actually trust a software from the BATF?

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Sarcasm_for_dummies_by_PoisonHeart555.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I use an Excel spreadsheet system. Have files for cars, guns, computers, etc. Within each file I have a sheet dedicated to each individual gun. On that sheet I will put pictures, descriptions, and any other information I feel I want. Then I keep a "master list" that keeps links to those files and total values.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the GunSafe software and it is easy to use. Used to be online for free but I can no longer find an active link for it.

I use GunSafe as well and really like it. You can save to a flash drive or any other media you wish.

This is the only link I could find GunSafe download but it is not from the developer so download at your own risk.

GlockedandLoaded

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
gunrack is the iphone version. although its 3.99 not sure if its worth it. i mean its pretty easy to lose or break your phone then there goes your database.
having said that i have pictures of all my guns and several numbers on my iphone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom