Gun safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had two Armor Vaults, got tired of the keys. Same with the Bear I had years ago. I now have a American Security for long guns as it has a very adjustable interior, a Liberty for pistols and another Liberty for ammo. I am thinking about going after another American Security for ammo and get rid of the Liberty. Buy bigger than you think, but also think about moving them if you move from time to time, for me three large safes are better than one humongous one. And would agree above about 24 gun safe is crammed when you attempt to put in 24 guns!

XDnut

Marksman
Reaction score
I have had two Armor Vaults, got tired of the keys. Same with the Bear I had years ago. I now have a American Security for long guns as it has a very adjustable interior, a Liberty for pistols and another Liberty for ammo. I am thinking about going after another American Security for ammo and get rid of the Liberty. Buy bigger than you think, but also think about moving them if you move from time to time, for me three large safes are better than one humongous one. And would agree above about 24 gun safe is crammed when you attempt to put in 24 guns!

I could see the key's getting old, but a dang good safe. I was also looking at an American Security up at H&H on clearance. Just no sure yet, we rent so I have to move the big bastard with a year or two.

Johnson184

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SCI in Catosa

Alright thanks. Gonna give them and Zanotti a call sometime soon. Hopefully it's not too expensive. Otherwise it might be cheaper to buy a Sturdy safe and just hire movers each time.
By the way... just curious... how much would one expect to pay for movers? I don't live on the first floor in my apartment complex. :(

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright thanks. Gonna give them and Zanotti a call sometime soon. Hopefully it's not too expensive. Otherwise it might be cheaper to buy a Sturdy safe and just hire movers each time.
By the way... just curious... how much would one expect to pay for movers? I don't live on the first floor in my apartment complex. :(
Weight is going to a huge factor. Going up a flight of stairs will cost you too. I was quoted $700 by Mayfair to move a safe I recently bought 25 miles and into a garage. There were no steps involved and it was on wheels. However, it was in an office and had to be removed from the store including turning a 40" wide safe 90* in a 50" wide hallway when the wheels didn't swivel. It was also ~3500lbs.

You buy something heavier than what one of those dollies will move, you're going to pay a bunch to get it up the stairs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom