Gun safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

761mph

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to pop by Bear Safes tomorrow if open, but H&H has a great deal on an American Security on clearance. It is almost exactly what I am looking for with very tight door clearance tolerance.

I'll look into Armor Vault as well. Thanks again.

761, you have a mach?

yes...........an '03, and a '69 thats apart for rust repair

fullauto........have we met ?

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just be sure to get one with bolts on ALL four sides of the door. I saw a video on some guys breaking into a nice big safe that only had bolts on the sides of the door and with a regular crow bar and a 3 pound sledge they were into the safe in just over 2 minutes. Bolts on top and bottom of the door make it much more difficult to crease the door in the middle enough to clear the side bolts and get the door open.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mayfair Lock and Key, 44 and May carries the Tulsa Safe Dakota Black Diamond line. Good folks to deal with. I've bought a new safe and a used Bear cabinet I use for ammo from them.

XDnut

Marksman
Reaction score
I checked out Armor Vault over the weekend. Met Mark and seems like a great guy and I like the safes. Locking bolts are nice a flashy, but I hate not knowing how the strength of the arms and connectors in the door. I have played with a few over the weekend, even those Made in USA, and the bolt had a lot of movement.

Thanks for the recommendations, and I will check out Bear this week.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Bear ain't cheap but 1st rate in quality. They were also the only company that would credit your full purchase price towards a larger when needed, for life. The owner told me that although his safes were tough, they can still be broken into. The only 2 that has came back, were breached with a cut off saw and a blow torch.

XDnut

Marksman
Reaction score
The Bear ain't cheap but 1st rate in quality. They were also the only company that would credit your full purchase price towards a larger when needed, for life. The owner told me that although his safes were tough, they can still be broken into. The only 2 that has came back, were breached with a cut off saw and a blow torch.

Told the same by Armour Vault, only broke into by torch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom