Carrying in a Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
40 oz speaker magnet glued to bottom of dash. A real hickabillie solution for those that carry actual iron ( wheelies ). Plastic and aluminum do not adhere to magnetism. Magnet is dual purpose as it is for pain relief near my left knee ( clutch leg ). No I don't always drive a standard. Set up is same in vehicle with auto trans but still for clutch leg. Let me explain. When in need, after firing my 5 shots, I will hurl my revolver at assailant. Now listen, everyone knows you can't cold-cock anyone with stamped steel and plastic. Attention, this is where the magnet comes in. If it gets to level three, when in a real clutch, I'll need my knee limber so I can kick the sh_t out of them.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a leather Coronado vest with inside conceal pockets either side. I leave a 45 in one side and extra mags in the other. I grab this vest when leaving the house a lot. It's always ready to go to grab when headed out the door. It's especially nice in the vehicle because It's like a shoulder holster without having to strap on a holster.
I don’t mean any offense and agree a vest is definitely a viable means of concealment, but I call those “shoot me first” vests.
However, knowing how self absorbed the majority of people are today, I’m fairly sure most people don’t notice the vest or think about what it might be concealing. I’m a people watcher, and I can pick out at least 50% of people that are carrying by either what they’re wearing, how they’re wearing it, or because they feel the need to “adjust” their gun or cover garment all the time. Most people are overly concerned about “printing”, so they’re constantly tugging on the bottom of their shirt or whatever covering to make sure the gun isn’t visible. That’s a huge tell.
How I carry when I’m driving depends on how far I’m going. For a long trip, I either put my gun in an outside pocket of the pack I always have with me or have it sitting in the seat between my right thigh and the console, but for a short trip to town, I leave it in the appendix carry position.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I would prefer to carry on my right hip, if I am going to be in my car for any extended period of time, I have grown rather fond of a Galco “Miami Classic” shoulder holster for my Sig P225A1. Have also used a DeSantis ankle holster for my S&W 637. When sitting down, both holster systems are easy to get to.

Bigdawg90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I’m traveling I carry OWB in the 4 o clock position. I’ve carried AIWB for a long time, but for any more than 30 minutes that gets uncomfortable especially if you’re carrying something more than a P365.

I used to put my gun on the passenger seat till I spun out one icy morning. That thing went flying. Then I put a holster under the steering wheel but it’s a pain to have to holster up every time you want to get out of the truck. So now it’s just OWB until I get somewhere then I can take off the holster and conceal.

cwheatley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to find an attachment point for a holster on the vehicle itself - preferably somewhere where it won't going flying in a wreck, but not so attached that you can't put it away when not in use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom