"Gun Violence"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The phrase "gun violence" doesn't make any sense to me. Neither my own guns or the guns owned by other have ever attacked me. I've heard some M1's can bite thumbs and some 1911's bite hands, but I've never experienced either.
The phrase blames an inanimate object for problems, not the person responsible. That's what has been lost in the push to ban classes of weapons. I wonder - how much are these bans and the resultant bureaucracy required for enforcement going to cost?
Wouldn't that money be better spent identifying and helping those people that are a danger to themselves and others and leave the law abiding alone? I haven't seen this argument made anywhere.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you. 'Gun violence' is right up there with 'assault weapon' and 'assault rifle' and all those other terms they like to throw around to scare people. My personal favorite is 'high powered rifle' when referring to a 223. Heard one guy imply it was useless for hunting because it was too powerful and would blow the animal to pieces or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom