Gun with easy to reach controls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I heard they increased the size of it on the gen 5. Do you know if that's true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know that for sure. I haven't felt them.

I had to add the Glock extended mag release on my gen3 19 to reach it without having to change grip.

I haven't shot much with the paddle release style, but the one I owned was a Walther P22 and it would catch my knuckle and release the mag under recoil. The larger frames of double stack 9mms shouldn't do that, but just an FYI to make sure you shoot it before buying.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of hard to relay to someone what will fit them. I get you live in a small town but it sounds like you need to road trip and palm a bunch of platforms to see what fits you.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know that for sure. I haven't felt them.

I had to add the Glock extended mag release on my gen3 19 to reach it without having to change grip.

I haven't shot much with the paddle release style, but the one I owned was a Walther P22 and it would catch my knuckle and release the mag under recoil. The larger frames of double stack 9mms shouldn't do that, but just an FYI to make sure you shoot it before buying.
I'm having a hard time picturing your knuckle catching the paddle release on your P22. How is that happening?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Walther PPQ (with paddle mag release) and HKs (VP9 etc) are they only guns that are truly ambi and that you don't have to adjust your grip to release the magazine. They an also be operated that way with one hand

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mag release. Don't forget that one!
Switch the mag release so that it is on the right side if you are right handed and the left side if you are left handed, then use your middle finger to release. Don't even have to shift your hand or attempt to reach. As long as you keep the pistol cleaned it's a simple drop and swap.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Switch the mag release so that it is on the right side if you are right handed and the left side if you are left handed, then use your middle finger to release. Don't even have to shift your hand or attempt to reach. As long as you keep the pistol cleaned it's a simple drop and swap.
Unless your strong hand becomes unusable

Latest posts

Top Bottom