Gunbroker... WTH?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I tried to bid on an item on Gunbroker and I get this:

In order to perform this action you need to have a valid automatic payment method on file with us. Once you have set an automatic payment method with us and validate it, you will be able to proceed.

You can either give us a credit card or bank account that we can validate. Your credit card can be validated instantly provided the address information you provide exactly matches what the bank has on file. Bank accounts can be validated in 1 – 3 business days.

Place a credit card on file.

Place a bank account on file.

If you have a valid method on file, please make sure you have it selected as your Primary or Secondary Payment Method in your Billing Information section.

When the auction and the bid confirmation page say this:
Payment Methods: Money Order / Certified Check, See Item Description

I don't get it... I've been a member there for several years but never bought anything. Any reason I need to submit payment information to Gunbroker when I'm going to be sending payment directly to the seller?

Really sucks...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am finding under my account info that I don't have a Primary or Secondary payment method on file... so they can charge me monthly for any balances. Even though I've never listed an auction with them, and don't plan to. So now, because they want to set up everybody as a seller (so it seems), and didn't specify anywhere I could find that you must do so before placing a bid, I've missed out on the auction I wanted.

Dangit.

Did I miss it somewhere in large print?

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, I had to let them run a $1 charge on my account a few years back before I could bid on anything. I think they basically do this to avoid people bidding and then canceling their account and never paying. It saves their sellers some hassle. Since the original charge, they have never charged me for anything other than items I've purchased and I've never had a problem. I've always paid the seller directly.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess so... I went ahead and added a CC to my account. I just wanted to do some research before I did and make sure they weren't going to charge me for the firearm on my CC somehow. And in the meantime, while reading, of course, the auction ended.

Oh well...

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had to do the same thing. add a CC and they took a buck from me. so now every month they send me an email giving me a balance of -1. i never could figure out how to get my dollar back lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom