GunShow Find.....HeHeHe!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are too nosy for your own good. I am not going to tell you what I paid, I will say this. I paid somewhere between $799-$801. That is why I am sooooooooooooo giddy.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
surjimmy, did you see the old guy at the RK show with all the vintage 1911's on his table? He was the same guy with the eleven or so Luger pistols on his table. I'm not into the collectable Colts, but that guy did seem like he had alot of nice old Colts, even if a guy like me can't tell one from the other. My favorite 1911 sighting at the show was the guy with the Wilson Sentinel--beautiful pistol, but not for sale, he said, and soon after I'd asked about it, he removed it from the table so I was denied a second look. Anyway, sorry for the thread hijack--congratulations on your find. (Oh, I did have a friend who picked up a 9mm Colt Commander Series 80 at the show.)

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I even talked to him. He told me he wouldn't pay more then $500 for this one. So I now know where not to go for any info. I've talked to several collectors and they all seem to think $1500-$1800. CJ's in Bethany said $2500, but I think that's a little high. Don't worry about thinking u hi-jacked this thread, I want everyone to talk about guns on my posts and post pictures of their goodies. Congrats to your friend on a nice find. There was a guy there walking around selling a Kimber Raptor and 2 Les Baers. Being a Baer junkie, it sure got my itch going.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it appears original (including grips) except for that hammer.

Good thing you got the original from him, but once in awhile you stumble onto an old one in parts bins.

I grew up with my grandads 1911 (it was made in 1917), so have run several thousands of rounds through them (including going through three barrels in that one), so seeing one like yours has some special meaning for me.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He seemed to know somewhat of what he had, but he was like me. Knowing just enough to get into some real trouble. We both thought the slide release, trigger, and safety were after market since they retained most of the bluing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom