Gut feeling........will Putin attack Ukraine ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And Slo-Joe provokes Putin by saying "Body bags will be returning to Moscow." No one in their right mind would make that statement. Im glad Putin has more sense than Biden.
You'd think after 52 years in politics, Biden would've learned to be a more professional politician. Putin has 20 years less experience and he's running rings around Biden.

This is a complete embarrassment. :(

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'd think after 52 years in politics, Biden would've learned to be a more professional politician.
Look at the absolutely stupid verbal diarrhea that has rolled out of his mouth over those 52 years. I don't think he's capable of learning anything.

As a former boss of mine would say, the cheese done slipped off his cracker decades ago.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK how true it is because I'm not well studied in Rooskie geopolitics, but I've read that Putin doesn't want and can't afford a straight up war with Ukraine because it would put to much damage on his military. Ukraine has been building theirs ever since Putin rolled them and took Crimea back in 2015 or whenever and it's a totally different animal than it was back then. They've known that Putin would be coming back at some point and they've been preparing for it ever since then. Putin would win now but the cost in tanks, aircraft and lives would be too high. You don't hear this in the media. Putin's economy has been hurting for awhile now and it's taken a toll on everything, his military included. Supposedly he only has about 900k men total active. Like I said, this is what I've read. Time will tell I guess...

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
1645069277740.png

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK how true it is because I'm not well studied in Rooskie geopolitics, but I've read that Putin doesn't want and can't afford a straight up war with Ukraine because it would put to much damage on his military. Ukraine has been building theirs ever since Putin rolled them and took Crimea back in 2015 or whenever and it's a totally different animal than it was back then. They've known that Putin would be coming back at some point and they've been preparing for it ever since then. Putin would win now but the cost in tanks, aircraft and lives would be too high. You don't hear this in the media. Putin's economy has been hurting for awhile now and it's taken a toll on everything, his military included. Supposedly he only has about 900k men total active. Like I said, this is what I've read. Time will tell I guess...
Ukraine's military is a/4 the sizes of Russia's and Russia stole their navy when they invaded Crimea. Add that to us bribing their leaders to destroy all their nukes, long range missiles and bombers, plus years of neglect to their military and Russia can roll over Ukraine any time they want. They even had to beg for helmets. The new AA and AT missiles will cost Russia but not enough.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw a news report today where the folks in the capitol are still going out to restaurants and bars. Life is going on as normal. They don't seem to be as concerned with this issue as brain dead bidens administration.
I said it before and will still say it again that Russia is not going into Ukraine. This is a big show to guarantee the Ukraine will not be allowed to partner with NATO which is the main reason Putin started this buildup of armament. He doesn't want our intelligence capabilities and weaponry that close to his border.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ukraine's military is a/4 the sizes of Russia's and Russia stole their navy when they invaded Crimea. Add that to us bribing their leaders to destroy all their nukes, long range missiles and bombers, plus years of neglect to their military and Russia can roll over Ukraine any time they want. They even had to beg for helmets. The new AA and AT missiles will cost Russia but not enough.
If you look I specifically said Russia would win. My point was that it would be painful on Russia.

Ukraine’s Military Has Come a Long Way Since 2014

Another thing I read said that Ukraine has been spending 3% of their GDP on revamping their military. That link above says it’s 4%.

it won’t be a walk-in and declare victory type thing for Putin. That was my point.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you look I specifically said Russia would win. My point was that it would be painful on Russia.

Ukraine’s Military Has Come a Long Way Since 2014

Another thing I read said that Ukraine has been spending 3% of their GDP on revamping their military. That link above says it’s 4%.

it won’t be a walk-in and declare victory type thing for Putin. That was my point.
I saw that part, but did you see this part?

“The Russian military today looks quite different from the military that fought in Ukraine in 2014 and 2015,” Kofman said. “This is a military that has been both bloodied and honed after a period of tumultuous reforms.”

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that part, but did you see this part?

“The Russian military today looks quite different from the military that fought in Ukraine in 2014 and 2015,” Kofman said. “This is a military that has been both bloodied and honed after a period of tumultuous reforms.”
Yep. I saw this too.
“This is not an easy task for them,” Gray said. “They would be going so far out on a limb to engage in a conventional, high-intensity invasion.”

One former senior defense official said that while Russia has demonstrated its capabilities in exercises, it has yet to undertake a military operation as complex as a deeper invasion into Ukraine since the end of the Cold War.

Latest posts

Top Bottom