Gut feeling........will Putin attack Ukraine ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Russians have been spotted adding top attack slat armor to their tanks, to defeat drones and Javelin missiles.

View attachment 252663
According to the guys at Coffee Or Die, it’s hazardous to your health to go outside in parts of Ukraine without some kind of top cover. Apparently, using shaped charges on drones as assassination weapons is a thing for the Russkies.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course if you needed a reason or rational to suspend rights and stay in power a government might need a national emergency of some sort in order to act and stay in power. Any number of governments could fit this description. We have examples here to include Lincoln and FDR.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not gonna struggle thru all 6 pages of this thread, but, this is all he wants; a guarantee that Ukraine will not join NATO. That’s it.

NATO is an anti-USSR/Russia outfit. He doesn’t want any more NATO countries on his border. If he invades the other non-NATO countries that border Russia will immediately join NATO. He doesn’t want that.

I don’t believe he will invade. He wants something, but it isn’t a war.
He wants a year round open sea port.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They issue masks as standard equipment to deny the enemy information about the number and origin of troops. FSB units operate as mercenary companies. Units and militias are trained in procurement so they can arm themselves with local weaponry and equipment.
I respect the ability to get the job done on a shoestring budget.
Something about that old myth about the astronauts using expensive space pens while cosmonauts use pencils...
https://warisboring.com/why-eastern-european-soldiers-wear-ski-masks/
During WWII the ruski's opened up the prisons, gave the criminals rifles, and told them they had one chance to live. If they attacked the Germans and survived, they got a pardon. If they turned and ran back to the Russian lines, they were shot on sight.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During WWII the ruski's opened up the prisons, gave the criminals rifles, and told them they had one chance to live. If they attacked the Germans and survived, they got a pardon. If they turned and ran back to the Russian lines, they were shot on sight.
They didn't all get rifles (those without were expected to pick up the rifles of the fallen), but they were still forced to charge the German lines. I suppose being shot in the front beats being shot in the back. The Germans figured it out and let the unarmed Russians through, and more than a few of them took up arms and fought alongside the Germans.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't all get rifles (those without were expected to pick up the rifles of the fallen), but they were still forced to charge the German lines. I suppose being shot in the front beats being shot in the back. The Germans figured it out and let the unarmed Russians through, and more than a few of them took up arms and fought alongside the Germans.
That's true.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
1644973234047.png

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If Putin is as rich as they say he is, he could buy Ukraine. That said, I believe his mindset is why pay for what you can take!?!

That said, it depends upon how badly he will get stung for what little honey he can grab out of that bee's nest ...

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom