H&R 923... any info?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This revolver is mucho different than others I have messed with. Its a double action but to load/unload you must pull the cylinder. The cylinder pin just pushes in with a spring retainer. When you take it out the cylinder has an extractor like a regular double action. To top it off it has part of a loading gate, but the gate does not line up with the chambers, so no shell can go in or out.

The serial # shows it to be made in 1955, it is nickle plated and other than one small spot next to a screw it looks new.

Was this made like this? Or is it some sort of frankengun?

Have a good one.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the 922 same thing almost but did not have the extractor. Had to use the pin on each bore. I liked it wish i kept it. The cut out on the right side is mainly to just see if its loaded I am pretty sure.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks.

It is a funky little gun that's for sure. To me it looks to be pieced together with scraps. I guess the best thing is it works properly. :)

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was a 4" barreled model I bought at a farm sale when I was 18. It shot VERY well I thought for as inexpensive as they are. That or maybe I addapted to how bad it shot but I generally hit what I was aming for. Now shoot a high-standard double 9.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the 922 same thing almost but did not have the extractor. Had to use the pin on each bore. I liked it wish i kept it. The cut out on the right side is mainly to just see if its loaded I am pretty sure.

You can put the pin into the center of the cylinder and push them all out at once. I learned to shoot with one. It was Dad's and Mom gave it to my son.

You can load a 922 through that loading gate. You half cock it and rotate the cylinder.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom